Move it

Thursday, August 05, 2010

We're in a new apartment with new rooms and a view of trees. And there's this hole in the kitchen wall.

The night we moved, we ate a beige meal-- hummus and cracked wheat crackers and Chimay. It was perfect. We also watched a movie, but not one of these movies. (We watched Silkwood, which I haven't seen in years. It isn't what you'd call a celebratory movie, but watching something so well acted is comforting, at least.)

The next day we were really tired. We went to brunch and then sat on a bench and looked at these geese.

We still have a lot of unpacking to do.

3 comments :

  1. hooray for neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy settling in and getting to know your new place!

    I'm impressed with how speedy your whole apartment hunting and move took place. Maybe I should hire you as a consultant, because I'm slow like the molasses this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We gave ourselves a month to find a place, for the most part, because things move fast in New York (and because we were busy in June). Then I procrastinated about packing until I just HAD to. Not sure I recommend it . . .

    I hope your search and move go well! Slow and steady wins the race, right? Right.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground