What I'm Thinking About

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

1.  It's a good thing I am in love with this blue & white & green & blue atmosphere-- my area of my planet has a lot of that.
2.  Lizard on a screen.
3.  A book of autobiographical micro-fictions.
4.  People back in Brooklyn.
5.  The difference between beauty and kitsch, between happiness and obliviousness.
6.  The cost of it all.  The literal cost.  In shekels.
7.  Litany as a means of avoidance.
8.  Weirdness & movement.
9.  "A genius is the one most like himself." --Thelonious Monk
10.  Trayvon.  The little boy at the restaurant the other day.  The little boys sitting on the neighborhood sign who waved at us, and the security car that slowed down to look at them.  Boys and men I've known.  My country, my country, my country.
11.  Who are my teachers?  Who have I taught?  Who's in my cohort?
12.  All of us.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground