(1) Morning yoga on a covered bridge with five friends.
(2) Nap in friend's B&B room.
(3) Good lecture on "poetry of exile." Learned a lot about Mahmoud Darwish.
(4) Mary-Catherine driving us through heavy rain to go to Concord, NH and buy a karaoke machine. Discussion of the expression "The devil is beating his wife." I didn't even realize it was southern. (Plus, I always forget and think, "God is beating his wife.")
(5) Friends creating a spa-like experience at MC's cool house in the woods (including a bath in a claw-foot bathtub with a view of sunset, river, and tall pointy trees). Birthday ablutions!
(6) Douglas' cucumber salad and "candy" drink.
(7) Reading a Raymond Carver story out loud with Chella.
(8) Birthday card with cat with boxing gloves.
(9) Karaoke (including horrible/wonderful rendition of "I Will Always Love You" and "Wind Beneath My Wings" with Chella and Emily).
(10) Waking up to the sound of the river.